Tuesday 24 March 2009

Trades 24/Mar/2009

I was running an old version of IB and today it became unsupported, so I had to download the latest from their website. Unfortunately, my excel trading api stopped working with the new version which was a bit of a pain in the a** as I had to enter the orders manually. Rejigged the spreadsheet after hours and then tested on the demo account. Hopefully it will be ok for tomorrow.
A bit short of time now, so I'll just post the two charts and add the comments later. But it was basically two long trades with pullback NR bars as entry trigger. Exits on Fib Ext and end of day.


MHP (Rise thru prev day's high)


BA (rise thru previous day's high)


---------Fib and RValues-----------------


------------Trades-------------------------

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what made you look at BA??

QQQBall said...

i wouldnt have picked the BA as one of your trades

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had a problem with the Java API and the scanner subs. They broke something with the latest update. The order API still worked for me.

That is why I do not update TWS every time a new version comes out :-)

TraderAm said...

BA was a gap down and then broke previous day's high on first candle. I do watch these setups especially if my watchlist is not that big.

It's not a normal gap up and continuation play, but it is a pullback to OR and ema support and still above previous day's high.

TraderAm said...

Grey.

Yes. I hardly ever upgrade. But yesterday I had no choice as I wasn't allowed to log in with the old version.