Monday 8 June 2009

Trades 08/June/2009

BA (fall thru prev day low)

Two weak candles then sideways pullback with bnarrowing candles. The 4th is NR3 IB and is our short trigger. Looked good for a while but then came back off whole number. I closed partial after the bounce for breakeven. The rest was stopped out for a loss on original stop.

MCD (gap down)

Bearish first then retracement up towards prev day's low. The 6th is bearish and first indication that partial gap fill is on the cards. The 8th is also off the same resistance and closes weak. This is our short trigger. Moved down nicely with ema after entry. Closed partial at 2R near whole number then rest came back to stop at breakeven.

VRSN (gap down)

Bearish first then fall thru OR on 2nd. We then have pullback on next two candles. The 4th is weak and off the ema and OR. This is our short trigger. Closed partial at 1R since this was Fib Ext level. The rest I closed near $20 level for around 3R and $1 gain. It did fall quite a bit further but I was satisfied with 3R on my 2nd half.

No other trades. I did have order in X and JNPR but never got filled. By the way if you have been reading my post on CCI multi-timeframe behaviour you may notice what happened at around 17:30pm (UK time) ( 12:30 US time). Hope you had a good day.

--------Daily Stats------------------------

2 comments:

greytrader said...

Did you lose 1R on BA despite taking a partial at break even ?

TraderAm said...

hello greyT..

No I didn't really, but I'll count it as 1R loss for my records. Mainly because I don't normally scale out in that way, and also to cater for some slippage in other trades etc.